CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 6, 2008

Social Networking Sites

I spend a lot of time watching the teens on MySpace. While I haven't had an interest in trying it for myself, I do feel it's an important tool for teenagers. The majority of teens are using social networking sites on a daily basis. I would like to investigate ways that we can utilize these services to reach our customers. I explored some of the library sites. I am not sure that I feel it's an effective tool at this point for libraries to reach teens. Most teens are interested in talking with their existing friends or meeting new friends. I am sure we'd have a few "friends", but we need to keep working on this idea. However, I do see that authors are beginning to use the sites to reach out to their audience. I think we might be able to use social networking sites to link to other library professionals that we might not have the opportunity to meet in the real world.

0 comments: