CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 6, 2008

Wiki Wiki Wiki

Wikis for special events make a lot of sense. It's an excellent way to share ideas, photos and general information. Meeting attendees don't have to grab multiple copies of the session handouts if a Wiki will be set up. I found this really useful when I went to the gaming conference last summer. I made the link available to all staff. I have gone back to that information repeatedly over the past year.

One negative is that fact that anyone can publish, so the information can certainly be unrealiable. We still struggle with teens and probably some adults who believe that any information they find on the web is reliable. A Wiki tends to look professional, so I think we have to make sure the general public understands they are not always accurate.
http://gaming.techsource.ala.org/index.php/Main_Page

0 comments: